Sunday, April 15, 2007

Anniversary

I am four days late in celebrating this.

11 April 2006 was the day I started putting together this motley collection of my thoughts. I haven't been very regular in updating this. But that just reflects what I am, I guess. Begin with a bang and don't worry how it ends.

Having said that, I am not going to let it end with a whimper.

Blogging has been a great experience to say the least! I have friends stopping by and occasionally leave a comment. Some of them started their own blogs. Hope they continue. There have been some exciting conversations. And I realized that even maintaining a casually written diary also require a huge amount of carefulness, even research. Not to mention, what a fantastic way it has been, in many ways, to discover my own self. I think, poets derive the same kind of pleasure writing poems which I have extracted from this exercise of blogging.

This morning when I talked to Laltu--one of the inspirations behind starting this blog--he asked me immediately if I had added something here. I am adding it now Laltu. Hope you keep adding stuff at your space too. Voices of sanity are few and far between.

To celebrate this anniversary I must mention a most flattering incident. Last Sunday Joel talked to me saying that the previous evening as he was driving from one end of the city to another to deflate some stress, he realized that he needed to speak to someone. At 2.00 a.m. he thought of giving me a call. Call me selfish, but instead of knowing what bothered him, I was just too glad to know that he thought of me at that moment.

On this blog I want to confess that the most flattering thing in life is to be of use to people who have always been a strong support to you. People you have learnt from. People who invested in you and patiently (even painfully) waited for you to grow. Being rememberd by someone like that is an awesome feeling. I was so overwhelmed by this feeling of gratitude that today I called people who made difference in my life. I called Laltu. I called NKO. I called Akshaya. I will be calling a whole list of people now.

Meanwhile, Joel, I wish that you activate your "Thought Spot"

No comments: